BLT Egg Bake
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices Milio’s French bread, toasted
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 medium tomato, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Shredded lettuce
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of toast. Arrange toast, mayonnaise side up, in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with cheese slices and bacon.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over bacon.
3. In a large skillet, fry eggs over medium heat until they reach desired doneness; place over bacon. Top with tomato slices; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and onions. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes. Cut in squares; serve with lettuce.