Butter Pecan French Toast
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup refrigerated butter pecan nondairy creamer
- 6 slices Milio’s French bread, 1-in thick
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- Berries, optional
1. In a small skillet, melt 1 teaspoon butter over medium heat. Add pecans; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until toasted.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and creamer. Dip bread slices in egg mixture.
3. In a large skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook bread for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Sprinkle with pecans, confectioners’ sugar and cinnamon. Serve with maple syrup and berries if desired.