Easy Thanksgiving-style Stuffing
- 1 Loaf of Milio’s Day Old French Bread, torn apart
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 pound mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the torn apart Milio’s Day Old French bread on a large baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until the bread is browned and dried.
3. While the bread is drying out, melt the butter in a large skillet or pan over medium heat.
4. Add the onions and saute for 5 minutes, then add the mushrooms, and celery and saute for another 5 minutes.
5. Add oregano, sage, and thyme to the mixture and stir to combine and saute for an additional minute.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Place the dried bread into a large mixing bowl and add the onion and mushroom mixture to the bowl and toss to combine.
8. Whisk together the eggs and chicken stock and add it to the mixture; toss to combine.
9. Spray a 2-quart or larger casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
10. Place the stuffing into the casserole dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
11. Remove the aluminum foil and bake uncovered for another 30 minutes.
12. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.