Milio’s Bread with Cauliflower Cheese Sauce
- 1 Loaf of Milio’s Day Old Bread
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1 1/2 ounces reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Cut Milio’s bread in half lengthwise.
3. Place bread, cut side up, on a baking sheet. Broil 1 1/2 minutes or until bread is lightly toasted.
4. Place cauliflower in a steamer basket over simmering water; cover and steam 8 minutes or until very tender. Place stock in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until warm. Place cauliflower and stock in a food processor; process until smooth. Add cheese; process until combined.
5. Spread cauliflower mixture over bread halves; broil 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 4 pieces; sprinkle with pepper.