Milio’s Spinach Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf of Milio’s Day Old French Bread
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
1. Cut bread in half lengthwise.
2. Place the bread with cut side up on a baking sheet; set aside.
3. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
4. Add spinach and stir until heated through, about 1 minute.
5. Remove from the heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and fennel seed; mix well.
6. Spread mixture evenly over bread halves.
7. Sprinkle with tomato, mozzarella and basil.
8. Bake at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
9. Garnish with parsley if desired.
10. Cut into slices and serve immediately.