Steak Sandwiches with Pesto Mayo
- 1 (12-ounce) boneless beef sirloin steak (about 1 inch thick), trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated pesto sauce
- 1 loaf of white or wheat Milio’s Day Old Bread, split in half horizontally
- 1 cup packed baby arugula (about 1 ounce)
- 3 (1/8-inch-thick) red onion slices
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced lengthwise
1. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper.
2. Add steak to pan, and cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until the desired degree of doneness.
3. Remove the steak from pan, and let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices.
4. Combine mayonnaise and pesto, stirring until well blended.
5. Cut the Milio’s Bread in half, length-wise
6. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over cut sides of Milio’s Bread.
7. Layer bottom half of the bread with arugula, red onion, steak, and tomato; top with top half of bread.
8. Cut the sandwich diagonally into 4 equal pieces and serve!