The Best Darn Bread Pudding
- 1 quart (4 cups) heavy cream
- 15 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 Loaves of Milio’s Day Old French Bread
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
1. Mix the cream, eggs, white sugar, cinnamon and vanilla together very well in a very large bowl.
2. Slice the baguettes lengthwise then cut into 1″ pieces.
3. Soak the bread in the cream mixture in the refrigerator overnight, covered.
4. Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with pan spray or coat with butter.
5. Layer in the soaked bread but not all the cream mixture. Discard the remaining cream mixture.
6. Leave the bread about 1/2″ from the top so it has room to rise when baking.
7. Cover the top with brown sugar and bake at 325 for 45 minutes, then start checking and remove when center is set.
For the Sauce:
1. Melt butter then add brown sugar and bring to a boil.
2. Add the cream and stir very well then set aside.
3. When the bread pudding is ready let it cool for 15 minutes then pour the sauce over the top so it can soak in. You may not need all of the sauce.